1. Healing; head/ heart; hopeful: When a leader clearly demonstrates, consistently, he is thoroughly, hopeful, and believes in the purpose and mission of the group, he represents, others notice! Proceeding in this manner, one, best positions himself, to be a healing, rather than divisive, adversarial leader! There must be a mindset, where one utilizes the finest aspects of his logic, as well as emotional components, with a head/ heart balance!
2. Options; opportunities: Honoring and respecting the mission of an organization, and committing to provide relevant, quality leadership, requires thoroughly, regularly, committing to recognize and understand the options and alternatives, with an emphasis and focus, on being a relevant leader! Will you be positioned to recognize and take advantage of the best opportunities?
3. Needs: A focused leader is best prepared to identify, and understand, the priorities, and needs of his organization, as well as his stakeholders, constituents and followers. How can anyone respect and honor his group's mission, until/ unless, he proceeds, with this, as his utmost priority, and emphasis?
4. Opinions; organized: Will you be able to distinguish between your personal opinions, and true facts? Remember, quality leadership is about service, and the best interests of the group, and constituents, rather than one's self - interest, and personal agenda! This rarely occurs, by chance, but, rather, must be strategic, focused, and performed, in a relevant, organized manner!
5. Relevant; reliable: Although the basics and focus of an organization's mission, is generally, important, a true leader realizes, as times evolve, needs might change, and therefore, the focus and planning, must be tweeked, in order to assure, it is relevant, and significant, to both, actual, and potential constituents and stakeholders. Once a mission is honored, and adapted, if necessary, real leaders proceed in a clearly, reliable manner, to assure others are ready, willing and able, to follow, and honor the mission!
If you begin with a vital, vibrant vision, of how your group, should proceed and evolve, while maintaining its values and purpose, you will consistently, persistently, HONOR these concepts and components! Will you be up, to the task?
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands of leaders, and conducted personal development seminars, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. His company, PLAN2LEAD, LLC has an informative website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for leadership: http://facebook.com/Plan2lead